Here’s how to install a Log Perodic Antenna for Digital TV. I’m demonstrating using a SignalMAX LP345 Log Periodic Antenna, but the same information will apply to any other similar antenna brand.
Apologies for poor quality of this video, something got on the lens. I’ll reshoot it when we can.
- Open the pole clamp wide enough to get onto the pole.
- Lower the TV antenna onto the top of the pole.
- Finger tighten the screws enough for the TV antenna to grip onto the pole but loose enough to be easily moved.
- Align the TV antenna to the TV station transmitter site. See my articles on DIY Digital TV antenna alignment methods and professional TV antenna alignment methods.
- Tighten off the antenna pole clamp enough that the antenna cannot be easily moved by hand. Don’t over-tighten though as this may cause problems in the future.
- Run a length of cable though the entry hole in the roof, enough to reach the splitter location. You may need to punch a small hole in the sarking.
- Cut the cable at a generous length to reach the TV antenna cable connector.
- Put the cable waterproof sealing boot on the end of the cable.
- Terminate the cable with an F connector.
- Screw the F connector into position and push the boot over the connector and socket securely.
- Cable tie the cable to the pole, leaving a service loop at the bottom of the pole.
- Reseal the cable entrance hole. For tile roofs, pull the tile back down into place. For tin roofs seal it with a deck-tite or under the ridge cap.